*Downloadable Reference (I will email you)
*2 hours of instruction - watch me paint and explain as I go!
*Watch at your pace, any time
*You will always have access to the tutorial to watch it as many times at any later date whenever you choose. It does not expire.
In this watercolor painting lesson, you will learn how to paint this white dog with an emphasis on achieving clean, sparkling transparent color. I will share what brushes, paint colors, and other supplies I use, as well as paint this and explain as I go.
Topics included as chapters are:
- My favorite tape
- Concerns about Arches Cold Press paper
- Brush discussion
- Paint colors that won't result in mud
- Beware of your subject looking like a cutout!
- Photoshop trick to help you see pure color
- Painting eyes
- Building values with glazes
- Paint shapes, not body parts explained
- What is the technique 'charging'?
- Look thrice, paint once
- How to paint a background that supports the subject
- How to balance values
- Using spray bottles to vignette your painting
- Why painting a series is important
To get the reference image, just click on the reference picture on this listing, right click, and save it to your computer. If you would like me to email you the picture, contact me and I will be glad to do so! Once you purchase this tutorial, I will email you links to all the video sessions of this tutorial. I will also send you a supply list.
You may sell your original but please don't sell prints. If you share your painting online, please add that you painted from my tutorial at www.rachelsstudio.com Please contact me if you have questions and I would love you to share it with my online community on my Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/rachelswatercolorworkshop
Visit my YouTube channel to get a taste of my teaching style at https://www.youtube.com/user/rachelsstudiodotcom/videos
top of page
bottom of page